Torna indietro   BaroneRosso.it - Forum Modellismo > Categoria Aeromodellismo > Aeromodellismo Alianti

Rispondi

Strumenti discussione Visualizzazione
Vecchio 22 luglio 11, 03:40   #1 (permalink)  Top
User

Data registr.: 09-06-2010
Alianti acrobatici ultraleggeri dalla California: 1.5m 470g Le Fish

Ciao a tutti, il mio amico Peter e io sono che la versione ultraleggero del mio aliante acrobatico del EPP, "Le Fish". Queste versioni possono volare completamente acrobatico in appena 12-15 kmh di vento. Vi auguriamo buon divertimento!

Steve

SlopeAerobatics.com
surfimp non è collegato   Rispondi citando
Vecchio 22 luglio 11, 07:45   #2 (permalink)  Top
User

L'avatar di ik2nbu

Data registr.: 13-08-2007
Wink

Citazione:
Originalmente inviato da surfimp Visualizza messaggio

Ciao a tutti, il mio amico Peter e io sono che la versione ultraleggero del mio aliante acrobatico del EPP, "Le Fish". Queste versioni possono volare completamente acrobatico in appena 12-15 kmh di vento. Vi auguriamo buon divertimento!

Steve

SlopeAerobatics.com
HI Steve,

your kits they are very very nice !

Leading Edge Gliders - 2 Meter Crossover

But if you consider the list price + ship cost + customers tax from USA to Europe...
so the final price, sorry , it is not competitive for a EPP model.

Arnaldo
ik2nbu non è collegato   Rispondi citando
Vecchio 22 luglio 11, 10:59   #3 (permalink)  Top
manubrio

Citazione:

Steve

SlopeAerobatics.com
Hi Steve, Hi Peter
I love that method of flying, I seen the fish on the web and this ultra light version promise a lot of fun in light wind.
Despite Italy is a sort of navy carrier in the mediterranean sea, we Italians do not fly on cliffs. I believe we are missing a spectacular and fun aspect of our hobby.
Flying in steady lift in front of a sunset on sea...wow. I make a point to do it as soon as possible. Will ask on this forum if anybodody knows a suitable places and maybe want to join for a day.
Fact is we do not have those light specialized airplanes you use to do aerobatic. We do have EPP gliders but these mostly are Multiplex or Robbe, not designed for the task you are showing us with your video. Years ago I remenber an article about a model called Anabat, another cliff aerobatic plane, of completely different design. It had thick simmetrical airfoil made with balsa ribs covered with film (maybe the airfol section thichness was a couple of inches) about 60 to 80 cm (that's metric!) wingspan, very short tail.

Once upon a while (at least once per year) I come in California and always think I should visit one of your places and have a chat with a cliff sloper.
I can see from Costa Mesa cliffs that looks ideal. I have been in Santa Barbara and I would love to come back there, get an hotel somewhere on the cliff (I seen one to die for) one of those made by few cottages built in wood).

I promise to myself to go for a cliff flight session here in Italy and hope to be able to get one in California too.

Thanks for the video.
Fantastic.
Its one more thing to do in flying gliders.

ps:
The flight I usualy do, as my favourite, is on Alps with composite , high wing load aerobatic gliders. Few years ago everybody had a Fox, than we all moved to Swift S1, today the machine is the StingRay, designed by Giuseppe Ghisleri, with flaps and ailerons. Giuseppe is a prolific designer well known in the continent and the StingRay, amongst others, had articles on many magazines throghout europe.
Presently is series built by a couple of manufacturers, Wings and More in Germany and X-Model in Italy.

Preferred Load is tipical over 100grams per square decimeter, 120g or more.
On Alps we prefer places were the lift is not provided by wind but by thermals. The idea is to climb on a thermal at high altitude and from there dive to get high speed. Today is about normal with those machines to reach around 300Km per hour.
With that speed and thanks to the inertia, a long series of manouvres can be performed.
It is another kind of flight respect the one we do with wind and completely different from the dance you do on cliffs in your video.

Here a link where you can find an example, the Stingrays are those two that do high speed aerobatics. Both are X-Model.
These pilots and about ten others, including me, will not participate anymore to that event as the organization had a fairly ineducate approach with us this year on this forum.
There are plenty of places in Italy and plenty of meetings every summer were everybody is welcome even not flying for the official sponsor (which, at Euromeeting, is Graupner).

‪EUROMEETING - Aeromodellismo 2010 Full HD‬‏ - YouTube

Ultima modifica di manubrio : 22 luglio 11 alle ore 11:07
Vecchio 22 luglio 11, 20:54   #4 (permalink)  Top
User

Citazione:
Originalmente inviato da ik2nbu Visualizza messaggio
your kits they are very very nice !

But if you consider the list price + ship cost + customers tax from USA to Europe...
so the final price, sorry , it is not competitive for a EPP model.
Hi Arnaldo, thanks for the comments. I do not work for Leading Edge Gliders and do not have any say in what the kits or shipping cost. I only give my design, for free, to Jack so that they can be available. My agreement with him is that he sends me a personal kit from time to time, so I have my own plane to fly

In fact, it is possible to download and produce your own glider from my plans, which I have released since 2006 on the internet: SlopeAerobatics.com » Le Fish & Spindrift Plans. Please note that the license under which the design is released is very open, allowing someone - perhaps someday in Italy? - to produce the kit for commercial purposes so long as they provide attribution for the design to me. But there is no royalty requested or otherwise. I simply want to share the love of flying!

Also, for scratchbuilders, I intend to make a better version of these plans available soon, once we have finalized the details of these experiments.

My point to post here is not to sell kits - because I do not care about that, for me this is only a hobby and I do not ever want it to be a business. I only want to show that it is possible to build aerobatics gliders that will fly in very light lift, and be very fun. Because they can fly in so little lift, it makes the number of days, times and places where you can fly grow much bigger... all this makes it just more fun.

So, please accept my apologies if you felt this was a commercial post. I do not care about the commercial aspect, only the joy of flying aerobatics.

Steve

Ultima modifica di surfimp : 22 luglio 11 alle ore 20:59
Vecchio 22 luglio 11, 21:14   #5 (permalink)  Top
User

Citazione:
Originalmente inviato da manubrio Visualizza messaggio
Hi Steve, Hi Peter
I love that method of flying, I seen the fish on the web and this ultra light version promise a lot of fun in light wind.
Despite Italy is a sort of navy carrier in the mediterranean sea, we Italians do not fly on cliffs. I believe we are missing a spectacular and fun aspect of our hobby.
Flying in steady lift in front of a sunset on sea...wow. I make a point to do it as soon as possible. Will ask on this forum if anybodody knows a suitable places and maybe want to join for a day.
Fact is we do not have those light specialized airplanes you use to do aerobatic. We do have EPP gliders but these mostly are Multiplex or Robbe, not designed for the task you are showing us with your video. Years ago I remenber an article about a model called Anabat, another cliff aerobatic plane, of completely different design. It had thick simmetrical airfoil made with balsa ribs covered with film (maybe the airfol section thichness was a couple of inches) about 60 to 80 cm (that's metric!) wingspan, very short tail.

Once upon a while (at least once per year) I come in California and always think I should visit one of your places and have a chat with a cliff sloper.
I can see from Costa Mesa cliffs that looks ideal. I have been in Santa Barbara and I would love to come back there, get an hotel somewhere on the cliff (I seen one to die for) one of those made by few cottages built in wood).

I promise to myself to go for a cliff flight session here in Italy and hope to be able to get one in California too.

Thanks for the video.
Fantastic.
Its one more thing to do in flying gliders.

ps:
The flight I usualy do, as my favourite, is on Alps with composite , high wing load aerobatic gliders. Few years ago everybody had a Fox, than we all moved to Swift S1, today the machine is the StingRay, designed by Giuseppe Ghisleri, with flaps and ailerons. Giuseppe is a prolific designer well known in the continent and the StingRay, amongst others, had articles on many magazines throghout europe.
Presently is series built by a couple of manufacturers, Wings and More in Germany and X-Model in Italy.

Preferred Load is tipical over 100grams per square decimeter, 120g or more.
On Alps we prefer places were the lift is not provided by wind but by thermals. The idea is to climb on a thermal at high altitude and from there dive to get high speed. Today is about normal with those machines to reach around 300Km per hour.
With that speed and thanks to the inertia, a long series of manouvres can be performed.
It is another kind of flight respect the one we do with wind and completely different from the dance you do on cliffs in your video.

Here a link where you can find an example, the Stingrays are those two that do high speed aerobatics. Both are X-Model.
These pilots and about ten others, including me, will not participate anymore to that event as the organization had a fairly ineducate approach with us this year on this forum.
There are plenty of places in Italy and plenty of meetings every summer were everybody is welcome even not flying for the official sponsor (which, at Euromeeting, is Graupner).

‪EUROMEETING - Aeromodellismo 2010 Full HD‬‏ - YouTube
Hi Manubrio, thank you very much for the kind message!

Please, the next time you come to California, do send me a message and we will fly together over the cliffs if you like. My friend Peter is from Switzerland and understands very well the type of alpine conditions you describe. In fact he is the one who just recently developed the method of constructing my Le Fish design to these very light weights. My original prototype, built in 2006, weighed 1100g, and now thanks to Peter, my new prototype weighs 470g!!! It is truly amazing and lets us fly them in much less wind than ever before.

Peter also really understands the love for flying over the water. He especially loves to fly at Torrey Pines near San Diego, for him, it is the very best.

I am very familiar with the Stingray design and have followed its development with great interest. I try to stay abreast of all worldwide developments relevant to slope aerobatics flying and do my best to give them visibility on my website, SlopeAerobatics.com. Again I have no commercial interest, will never put any advertising on the website, only wish to make it a vehicle to share the joy of this kind of flying with as many people around the world as possible. Yes I offer shirts for sale if people are interested but that's only to help defray the website hosting cost

We have a mountain flying site in Santa Barbara as well, which enjoys pretty good lift in our winter and spring months. For me, aerobatics flying began in earnest with a Voltij from Aeromod, which I still have and love very much. Here is an old video - apologies for the low quality of the film, but it's very old now!

Also, I was privileged to have the first FlyBiWo Wasabi that came to the USA, and wrote the English instructions for it. Very fun plane!!

So yes, I love the "heavy" gliders, too. The main point for me is to have aerobatics gliders for all conditions, so you can have fun as much of the time as possible! That is truly the great thing about the new light gliders, as you see in the "Terranea" video, it is possible to practice traditional aerobatics in very little wind

I know the Italian aerobatics scene is very strong, and I would love to have more engagement with you all. Again my only goal is to help further the international enjoyment of slope aerobatics, so if I may be honored to share more of what you are doing in Italy - videos, photos, articles, new products - please consider me at your service.

Thank you!

Steve
Vecchio 22 luglio 11, 22:16   #6 (permalink)  Top
manubrio

ciao steve
i did not realized how Arnaldo here thought about a commercial involvement. looking at your website I instead noticed the free plans . However, thanks to the link found and supplied by arnaldo I now know how to get a proper kit for your plane, which I am going to get. My "home" slope is not on Alps, is near Canossa castle on Appenins, it is low altitude and completely depends on wind, which most of the time is weak. A friend of mine built a very light Fox (although glass fuselage with foam wings covered in balsa) and he was capable of aerobatics at low speed with very little dive, maybe 15meters dive were enough for a loop and 4 points roll. I got that plane. Due to low speed it needs very large excursions. It was (it is) a surprising airplane but nothing comparable with your flight results. Maneuvrability and energy handling of your light fish are absoluyely fantastic; in little sky space and with little wind there is lot of fun, a whole new world to explore. Going from link to link I am now watching a video about VTPR from france.

Tomorrow I will go to Passo delle Radici, I never been there before, with Beppe Ghisleri. I think Giulio Cornia will be there, another glider designer and extraordinary fast builder. He likes to build in wood (but not only) he cuts parts with his own designed and built cnc. He is author of lot of fine reproductions of old timer and also of a very interesting design for a modern aerobatic sailplane named the Byhon or something like that. It is big and light and also capable of some outrageous low speed manouvres.
I hopefully will get one too, this winter I want to do something new, and have an alternative to high wing loads.

I'll google Passo delle Radici, neither me neither Beppe knows exactly where it is. Anyway, tomorrow at ten he will pick me up, we will find it.

Funny enough, I moved most of my fleet in the hotel of a friend of mine on Alps, where I am going to have my holidays in August, so I am not sure what the hell I am gonna take with me tomorrow. Need to spend few hours tonight programming and setting up old gizmos. Beppe said he will take with him something for me, very kind of him.
Bene, tomorrow dancing in the wind !

Ciao Steve, and keep in touch.

Stefano "manubrio" Cantadori

and thanks for the nice videos.
Vecchio 25 luglio 11, 08:27   #7 (permalink)  Top
User

A new video from today... wind was about 11-12kmh

Steve
Vecchio 25 luglio 11, 19:37   #8 (permalink)  Top
User

L'avatar di bad77

Data registr.: 27-03-2006
Invia un messaggio via MSN a bad77
Citazione:

A new video from today... wind was about 11-12kmh

Steve
wow congratulations!!!

4 axis pilot
bad77 non è collegato   Rispondi citando
Vecchio 25 luglio 11, 20:54   #9 (permalink)  Top
User

L'avatar di I-ASIA

Data registr.: 05-02-2010
Thumbs up thank you very much

Citazione:
Originalmente inviato da manubrio Visualizza messaggio
ciao steve
i did not realized how Arnaldo here thought about a commercial involvement. looking at your website I instead noticed the free plans . However, thanks to the link found and supplied by arnaldo I now know how to get a proper kit for your plane, which I am going to get. My "home" slope is not on Alps, is near Canossa castle on Appenins, it is low altitude and completely depends on wind, which most of the time is weak. A friend of mine built a very light Fox (although glass fuselage with foam wings covered in balsa) and he was capable of aerobatics at low speed with very little dive, maybe 15meters dive were enough for a loop and 4 points roll. I got that plane. Due to low speed it needs very large excursions. It was (it is) a surprising airplane but nothing comparable with your flight results. Maneuvrability and energy handling of your light fish are absoluyely fantastic; in little sky space and with little wind there is lot of fun, a whole new world to explore. Going from link to link I am now watching a video about VTPR from france.

Tomorrow I will go to Passo delle Radici, I never been there before, with Beppe Ghisleri. I think Giulio Cornia will be there, another glider designer and extraordinary fast builder. He likes to build in wood (but not only) he cuts parts with his own designed and built cnc. He is author of lot of fine reproductions of old timer and also of a very interesting design for a modern aerobatic sailplane named the Byhon or something like that. It is big and light and also capable of some outrageous low speed manouvres.
I hopefully will get one too, this winter I want to do something new, and have an alternative to high wing loads.

I'll google Passo delle Radici, neither me neither Beppe knows exactly where it is. Anyway, tomorrow at ten he will pick me up, we will find it.

Funny enough, I moved most of my fleet in the hotel of a friend of mine on Alps, where I am going to have my holidays in August, so I am not sure what the hell I am gonna take with me tomorrow. Need to spend few hours tonight programming and setting up old gizmos. Beppe said he will take with him something for me, very kind of him.
Bene, tomorrow dancing in the wind !

Ciao Steve, and keep in touch.

Stefano "manubrio" Cantadori

and thanks for the nice videos.

Hallo Manubrio Stefano's i scusa mio traslator , io capire you buy un kit baby glider much veramente little peso come piuma di crow !
When lui come to tua home, tu dire pelasse me suo wing profile is face a e face b
equal , symmetrical or not ? yes ?
Grazie really .^ _ ^

I-ASIA Pietro's

Peyton Co Us
I-ASIA non è collegato   Rispondi citando
Vecchio 25 luglio 11, 23:46   #10 (permalink)  Top
User

L'avatar di Silvagni

Data registr.: 23-11-2006
Immagini: 11
Citazione:
Originalmente inviato da I-ASIA Visualizza messaggio
Hallo Manubrio Stefano's i scusa mio traslator , io capire you buy un kit baby glider much veramente little peso come piuma di crow !
When lui come to tua home, tu dire pelasse me suo wing profile is face a e face b
equal , symmetrical or not ? yes ?
Grazie really .^ _ ^

I-ASIA Pietro's

Peyton Co Us
El solito sarmeola che parla in cimbrenglish. Se chiedi a Giulio lui avea fatto un bel pesce. Ci a volato tanto al Paù
Silvagni non è collegato   Rispondi citando
Rispondi