Visualizza messaggio singolo
Vecchio 15 settembre 16, 10:56   #24 (permalink)  Top
tuppesw
User

Data registr.: 13-09-2015
Citazione:
Originalmente inviato da Apo . Visualizza messaggio
Volevo fare i complimenti al nostro amico Korn Wolfgang che anche quest'anno ha partecipato all'evento e tenendo duro e riuscito ad arrivare al traguardo . Tra l'altro la sua e' la barca piu' piccola arrivata e quindi complimenti ancora .
Salve Massimo,
e grazie per i complimenti!

Many thanks to the organizers and sponsors for this unique event!
I am back in Germany again, and sorry for my late response! After the award ceremony, I wanted to stay longer to have some nice talks, but I had to prepare my trip back to Germany on Monday morning . Next time I'll schedule more time for the celebration and less time on the race corse

Yes that was really a crazy race! As every year I watched it from the back of the pack and I was surprised how close it was when the field crossed the finish line. Only 23 minutes between the second and the eighth after six and a half hours! Next time you don't need wait for me

These were strange wind conditions! Unfortunately the lack of Ora, the steady south-north current and the upcoming storm from the north have somehow distorted the competition. And frankly, the storm in my back made my day.

With my new boat I got completely new impressions. After changing the battery, I had a private race with my boat between Km 7 and 9 Km. Jogging on the gravel path was too slow, so I had to run on the road to follow my boat. Riccardo Farina, his boat already retired, helped me to find a way through the visitors and to have a spot on my boat when the small DF95 crossed the bay of Torri in front of the moorings. Thank you, Riccardo!

With the new boat I'm not sure which is the best way. At the start it seemed the lightweight DF95 to be missing some momentum through the waves and in the troughs too much area of the rig disappeared in bad air. With these exceptionally large waves the IOM seems to be the better allrounder.

A short video from the start:

https://youtu.be/RMqsKitjYnk

With more constant wind conditions I think the three hour mark for the corse is breakable and I would not be surprised if this would be Claudio first!

Thanks again for this unforgettable day and until next year.

ps:

I've made the fun, to display the times of the participants, ... as said this year a crazy race!
Icone allegate
10 Miglia del Garda 2016 -  11 Sett.-10miglia-2016.jpg  

Ultima modifica di tuppesw : 15 settembre 16 alle ore 11:05
tuppesw non รจ collegato   Rispondi citando