Discussione: variometro
Visualizza messaggio singolo
Vecchio 07 settembre 06, 10:23   #4 (permalink)  Top
fabio1963
UserPlus

L'avatar di fabio1963

Data registr.: 20-09-2004
..... una risposta trovata su rcgroups...

Regarding the picolario or Skymelody :
I have owned and used both. My first vario was a Skymelody, simply because at the time ( approx. 2yrs ago) the piolario was not yet available in the U.S.
I later sold it, and got an picolario instead. They both fulfill their primary function, indicating lift/sink, very well, the reason I switched to the picolario was the voltage/altitude voice readout, which at the time, was not available with the Skymelody.
In the mean time, an additional component, the Skypanel is available for the Skymelody, and with that, you also have voltage, altitude, temperature readout, as well as data logger functions. More info about that one here .
If that appeals to you, it would be the way to go, if your primary reason for a vario is finding the lift, you could go either with the Skymelody alone, or with the picolario, but with the picolario you still have altitude and battery voltage readout.
BTW, the voltage readout is a really neat function, it has already saved me one plane, when one of the receiver pack cells died, and the voltage started dropping rapidly. However, with the picolario, which will report everytime the voltage changes 0.1 volt, I had enough warning to bring the plane down safely.

... e ancora....

There is a new kid in the block:

wstech has made a "talking" version of their vario which can provide you with the altitude and voltage. (http://www.wstech.de/)
The prices starts with 229€ which makes it one of the cheapest (less than the picolario)

In the basic functionality (vario sensitivity) ithere is no difference to the entablished skymelody and picolario. I have no idea if they also do an english talking verision.

mi hai fatto venire la voglia....
facci sapere.
Fabio
fabio1963 non è collegato   Rispondi citando